Are you a cheesecake lover who wants to learn how to make a delicious and impressive-looking baked cheesecake? Then you'll love this recipe adapted from Jamie's 5 ingredient Mediterranean cookbook.
Inspired by Mediterranean flavours, this baked cheesecake only requires 10 minutes of preparation, 30 minutes of baking, and some chilling time. You'll have a gorgeous and tantalising dessert that everyone will love.
- 300g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 4 x 280g tubs of cream cheese
- 5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 70g plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 220°C and boil some water in the kettle. Also, line the base of a 23cm springform cake tin with greaseproof paper, rub the tin with some olive oil, and sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
- Sieve 300g of icing sugar into a large bowl and beat it with the cream cheese and vanilla. Mix everything until it becomes smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one and whisk in each egg after adding it. Finally, sieve and whisk in the flour.
- Pour this mixture into the lined tin, wrap the tin's base with some tin foil to protect the seal, and place this inside a deep roasting tray. Carefully pour the boiling water into the tray, filling it halfway.
- Bake the cheesecake on the top shelf of the oven for around 30 minutes or until it becomes golden and is loosely set in the middle. In the last 5 minutes, check that the top doesn't burn. If it's starting to get too brown, cover the cheesecake with foil and continue baking.
- Take out the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool inside the water for around 15 minutes. Then take it out of the water and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, cover it and chill it in the fridge for at least four hours to help it set more firmly.
- Before serving, take off the outer ring of the springform and dust the top with some more icing sugar and a bit of cinnamon. Enjoy your delicious baked cheesecake with a drizzle of spicy honey, jam or some baked apples and pears for the season.
This baked cheesecake recipe is delightfully simple to follow yet produces a dessert that looks and tastes stunning and is a perfect base for adding some more autumnal flavours!